Fifth International Conference on Block and Sublevel Caving
30 August – 1 September 2022 | Hilton Adelaide, South Australia
The only dedicated cave mining international event globally
- View the Caving 2022 program!
- International travellers are encouraged to apply for the necessary visas now. Please visit acg.uwa.edu.au/attend for up-to-date advice.
- Conference venue accommodation information can be found here.
- The After the Big Bang Workshop, and the Panel/Block Caving Workshop: From Data to Design will be held prior to the Caving 2022 Conference. Learn more at acgcaving.com/associated-events
- The 2022 Caving Community of Practice – Unconference will be held after the Caving 2022 Conference and is free to register and limited to Caving 2022 Conference attendees. Learn more at acgcaving.com/unconference
- Accommodation options available here
- The conference dinner has SOLD OUT.
The Block and Sublevel Caving Conferences provide a platform for mining companies to be kept informed of the latest technological developments and caving research carried out by industry and academia. The Australian Centre for Geomechanics, a not-for-profit mining research organisation at The University of Western Australia, looks forward to hosting the Fifth International Conference on Block and Sublevel Caving in Australia in 2022.
The ACG’s priority is the safety and well-being of the delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors of our further education and training conference and events. All attendees are strongly encouraged to attend in person; the ACG looks forward to welcoming many cave mining industry professionals to Adelaide in August 2022. Worldwide delegates are able to participate via a leading online event platform. Presentations will be available on-demand for three months post-event.
This follows previous events held in Cape Town, 2007; Perth, 2010; Santiago, 2014; Vancouver, 2018.
- Ground support
- Case studies
- Rockburst and seismicity
- Hydraulic fracturing
Past, present and future cave mining projects in Australia*
Black Rock Cave
Mt Lyell (currently closed, may re-open)
*to the best of ACG’s knowledge. ACG does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. If changes/updates are required, please contact ACG.