Fifth International Symposium on Block and Sublevel Caving
30 August – 1 September 2022 | Adelaide, South Australia
The only dedicated cave mining international event globally
The Block and Sublevel Caving Symposia provide a platform for mining companies to be kept informed of the latest technological developments and caving research carried out by industry and academia. The Australian Centre for Geomechanics, a not-for-profit mining research organisation at The University of Western Australia, looks forward to hosting the Fifth International Symposium on Block and Sublevel Caving in Australia in 2022.
This follows previous symposia held in Cape Town, 2007; Perth, 2010; Santiago, 2014; Vancouver, 2018.
- Cave mechanics
- Draw control and fragmentation
- Mine planning and design
- Cave front tracking
- Ground support
- Geotechnical monitoring
- Numerical modelling
Past, present and future cave mining projects in Australia*
Black Rock Cave
Mt Lyell (currently closed, may re-open)
*to the best of ACG’s knowledge. ACG does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. If changes/updates are required, please contact ACG.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event. Download the Caving 2022 Sponsor Pack.
- The ACG Ground Support in underground mines book is available for purchase here.
- Caving 2022 abstract deadline is 9 March 2022.
- Call to host associated workshop/course alongside the Caving 2022 Symposium. Express your interest here.